The professional blog is a good way to :
- share valuable content to others from your field of expertise
- connect with other professionals who work on similar problems
- share ideas and expertise.
I personally use feedly to subscribe and read lots of other programmers articles. There are priceless blogs in the net like :
What I believe one should post on his blog? Post about “things” that :
- you have encountered as a problem to solve or came up with an interesting scenario
- you have done extensive search about it
- you have not found anything suitable as a solution or ready as a whole
- as a result you have produced a real solution from which other programmers can profit.
All the above mentioned blogs are of that type. This is why they are so valued among developers – they give real professional value to everybody.
How can you do it? Where can you start?
You can try by following the email course of John Sonmez (Simple Programmer) or watch some of his videos about blog building. I started to follow his course long after I started my blog and I find it interesting with lots of useful insights and details about the topic. I find it a bit or more motivating too.